Watir (pronounced water) is an open-source (BSD) family of Ruby libraries for automating web browsers. It allows you to write tests that are easy to read and maintain. It is simple and flexible. Watir is a family of Ruby libraries but it supports your app no matter what technology it is developed in. Whilst Watir supports only Internet Explorer on Windows, Watir-WebDriver supports Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera and also running in headless mode (HTMLUnit).
This video shows 6 software testing scenarios with Watir:
– The 1st scenario is Test with Microsoft page — launch some pages from this site and check Search functions.
– The 2nd scenario is Test with Yahoo page: Sending email
– The 3rd scenario is Test with Apple page: Online Shopping
– The 4th scenario is Test with YouTube page: Browse and Upload video
– The 5th scenario is Test with SlideShare page: Download and upload presentation
– The last scenario is Test with Facebook page: Share info and chat
For each scenario, we will present ‘how to implement’ in detail step. At the end of each case, the test script will be run to show test results.