A heuristic is a method to help solve a problem. It is particularly used as a method that often rapidly leads to a solution that is usually reasonably close to the best possible answer. Heuristics are “rules of thumb”, educated guesses, intuitive judgments or simply common sense. The talk will focus on:
* What is Heuristic Based Testing?
* Why do we do it at Sony Ericsson?
* Why have we chosen to combine two test approaches “Heuristic Based Testing” and “Test Case Based Testing”?
* How do we do it at Sony Ericsson?
* Heuristic Session-Based Test Management?at Sony Ericsson.
* Heuristics in out Test Management System
* Lessons Learned from implementing Heuristic Based Testing.